Making our planners cute makes our creative souls sing and helps us be more productive too. If you have extra scraps laying around make paper flowers to decorate your planner. Here is how I made them step by step using the July Planner Society kit paper.
1. Cut two squares the same size and one smaller. Experiment with different sizes here, you can make big ones as the one here or make tiny ones.
2. I cut out the flowers without pattern, but you could make yourself a template and trace then cut the flowers.
3. Place adhesive 3D pop up dots in the middle of the two large flowers. You will place the them on top of each other and add the smaller one on top.
4. For the middle part of the flower you can use anything from a pice of paper, a button or adhere sequins. In this example I choose a button.
5. Lift and fold the petals up to give the flower a more ruffled look.
6. Depending on the size of the paper flower, choose a paperclip that fits best.
7. In this example, I used a jumbo paperclip since it's a larger paper flower.
Enjoy making them and especially seeing them on your planners!
I'd love to see decorative paperclips. If you'd like, tag me on Instagram at @zookpaperco.