I decided to stop buying items under a few categories in the hopes to be less wasteful and this a monthly update. Read my original post here so it can all make more sense and it was inspired by Zen Habits blog post here.
I would say it was both successful and also not, let me explain.
1. Books - I purchased a book for a book club that a group of family and friends are reading this year. I think this is a-ok since it falls under my professional interest and development and WILL be reading it since it is part of a monthly book club. No waste.
2. Online Courses - I bought an online mastermind which would be considered an online course, but I completed it and moved forward with following through with the homework so I consider this a success because I got good use of it. No waste.
3. Journals - No new purchases and even filled one journal up and can grab another one from my stash.
4. Pens and markers - No new purchases and ran out of ink on a few.
5. Scrapbook paper - No new purchases and used it in mixed media.
6. Crafting supplies - I might have to rethink this category because my word of the year is ARTISTIC and will be needing supplies beyond Life Book 2018 and besides making things is my super hobby and passion! I do still keep in mind that I have to USE the items. As long as I use them, then I'm absolutely fine to buy in this category. So I'm going to be switching this one with Magazines. I have magazines that I haven't read yet, but want to buy more. Once I read them all, then I can buy more, that easy!
7. Office supplies - No new purchases and using the ones that I have.
See you next time to see where I stand on the constraints that I have set up for myself mid March.